Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Harry Potter post

Hello all i'm back again.
  Not to talk about Disney or Starwars or the casey anthony case (promise the previous post was my first and last of that sort lol) but of another love of mine who can resist the Harry Potter saga, which is sadly debuting is last movie this Friday.
    I'm sure most of you like me grew up with this series i was around 10 when i started reading the books now i'm 21 and getting ready to see the last movie tommrow night/friday morning.
 Harry Potter has definitly been a part of my childhood from book premier parties to movie premiers i've been to them all and meet so many wondeful people doing so. Not to mention i started loving reading because of these books.
  I have my friend to thank for getting me started she said i had to read them so i said why not i will give it a try after the first few chapters of the first book i was pretty convinced this was not the book for me i just wasn't into it so i took a big break from it but she didn't give up she kept saying how wondeful they were i told her i tried but didn't like it she said try again get past the first few chapters and i promise you will love it so i rolled my eyes but said fine and read through it again and once i got to the part where he actually arrived at Hogwarts i was hooked. So then me and my friend teamed up to get my younger sister to read them and she feel in love instantly now shes potter obsessed way more than i am (kinda like how i am with starwars lol) I remeber being so estatic that they were making a movie out of it and couldn't wait to see it. By the second movie my sister was dressing up to go to the theater to see it. For the Fourth movie onwards we went to the midnight premier of all the movies and starting with the Fourth book went to the book store parties waiting for the release.
  I would usually have the books read in a few days until the last book was released i guess because i knew it was the last or had a suspicion it would be really sad i just couldn't bring myself to read it especially after i finally got my sister to tell me what happens and i heard about some of the deaths i was like no way can't read it now. But my sisters boyfriend teamed up with my sister to get me to read the book but i just couldn't do it. But i really wanted him to watch clone wars (see i can fit starwars into this blog somehow lol) because he is a casual starwar fan as in he knows the characters kinda but not super into it but i'm like you gotta watch the clone wars so hes like fine i will watch the clone wars (this was right after the first season was over) if you read the book so i agreed and read the book (of course we are now waiting for season 4 to premier and he has yet to watch it hes got alot of catching up to do even if i have to tie him down and force him to watch it lol) but i must admit i really enjoyed the book and i remeber thinking the movie is going to be epic especially when i heard they were going to make two movies which i think is the best decision they could have made there was no way only one movie would do the book justice.
  The first part didn't disappoint loved the movie and i'm so excited for part 2 but with it comes a sad sort of good bye to a trilogy that has been part of my life for longer than i can remember so when the end credits roll i'm pretty sure i will be bawling wookie size tears not just because of the movie its self but because this is the last one. Now i know this saga won't ever really die it will be past on for ages but still no more new movies or books or premiers. So thats my harry potter story hope you all enjoyed :D mischief managed and God bless

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I loved hearing your Harry Potter story! Oh how I love Harry Potter! Like you, I've pretty much grown up with it. I'm sad that it's all over now, but I agree that it will never die. It will always be better than vampires, and I can't wait to show it to my kids (if I have any) and my niece(s) and/or nephew(s)

    ReplyDelete

Any Comments are appreciated please keep it clean. Thanks for Commenting